In week four, the Oregon Ducks will be chasing their 13th conference win in a row when they go to Tuscon, AZ to play the Arizona Wildcats. The Ducks recovered from their opening season loss against the LSU Tigers by blowing out two straight non-BCS opponents in Autzen Stadium in Eugene, OR.
The Ducks uptempo offense is led by Darron Thomas at quarterback and LaMichael James as the feature back. After a slow start, James had 204 yards on only 12 rushing attempts and three touchdowns against the Missouri State Bears. Freshman De'Anthony Thomas has also developed into quite the play maker so far early in the season. He has 170 yards rushing and 153 yards receiving for three touchdowns.
Stats Comparison for both teams
Oregon Ducks Statistics through Week Three
- Rushing Offense - ranked 8; 261.00 rushing yards per game
- Passing Offense - ranked 31; 278.67 passing yards per game
- Total Offense - ranked 6; 539.67 total yards per game
- Scoring Offense - ranked 5; 50.67 points per game
- Rushing Defense - ranked 107; 214.33 rushing yards given up per game
- Pass Defense - ranked 10; 145.00 passing yards given up per game
- Total Defense - ranked 62; 359.33 total yards given up per game
- Scoring Defense - ranked 51; 22.33 points given up per game
Arizona Wildcats Statistics through Week Three
- Rushing Offense - ranked 116; 55.67 rushing yards per game
- Passing Offense - ranked 5; 364.00 passing yards per game
- Total Offense - ranked 54; 419.67 total yards per game
- Scoring Offense - ranked 92; 21.67 points per game
- Rushing Defense - ranked 84; 173.00 rushing yards given up per game
- Pass Defense - ranked 111; 300.33 passing yards given up per game
- Total Defense - ranked 111; 473.33 total yards given up per game
- Scoring Defense - ranked 83; 28.00 points given up per game
Arizona Stadium in Tuscon, AZ
The Ducks are favored by 15.5 points on the road at night in Tuscon, AZ, and I think they are going to crush the Wildcats. Arizona is struggling on both sides of the ball, but what is most damning for them is they are ranked 111th in total defense. The Ducks are going to score a lot of points in this game and because Arizona's offense is inept; they probably will easily beat the spread.
The atmosphere at night in Tuscon might cause some early miscues, but this Ducks team has too much for the Wildcats to handle. The only hope for the Wildcats is for senior quarterback, Nick Foles, to have a career game. On the season, Foles has completed...
To finish reading this article, to vote in the poll and to leave a comment, please visit WhosRight by clicking the link below!
Oregon vs Arizona: Can the Ducks win their 13th PAC 12 game in a row?